Accessing PCI Memory Mapped Registers in Linux Kernel

Syed Khader sk.syed2 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 23:45:17 EST 2010

> As we've talked, it looks the code would be ok, but I guess architecture
> doesn't handle the 16 bit address correctly. Our team will find a way to get
> through this by modifying the PCI module.
Which is the platform/arch you are seeing this problem as opposed to
intel(Where the code works?).
Remember on Intel, I/O space is separate from main memory. On other
platforms(say on ARM) its memory mapped.
I suspect the dev->base_addr may not be the same on both platforms.
Have you checked it?

-syed