Initial look at GridTracker for inclusion to Fedora

Matthew Chambers nr0q at gridtracker.org
Fri Oct 1 12:27:02 EDT 2021

Hello,

I've done a lot of tweaking with the spec file (now packaging as a
no-arch) for GridTracker with the Makefile and CI/CD script doing the
heavy work. Updated version is here
https://gitlab.com/gridtracker.org/gridtracker/-/tree/new-faster-rpms

I built RPMs with the spec file in our CI and they are here
https://fleetwood.mchambersradio.com/gridtracker/test_newRPMs_nr0q16/

GridTracker has a dependency on NWJS which per good Linux practice and
Fedora guidelines should be in a separate packge which I've done too.
https://gitlab.com/gridtracker.org/nwjs-rpm-packaging
with a pair of builds, still trying to work with the dev team on why the
latest NWJS appears to break GridTracker so I built the version that we
are currently including in Windows, Mac and Tarball builds and they are
here https://fleetwood.mchambersradio.com/gridtracker/v0.49.2/

I'd apprectiate any comments, criticism and further direction. Thanks
Matt and Richard for the help already!

Matthew Chambers, NR0Q
Dev-Ops / Server-Ops
GridTracker