Amateur Radio Spin

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 11:01:58 EDT 2020

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 9:10 AM Ben Williams <jbwillia at math.vt.edu> wrote:

> i have been thinking about a fedora Amateur Radio spin for sometime
>
> so if you had a Amateur radio live iso  lets try to answer these questions
>
> a) what programs would you like to have

I think these are important if we want to target Ham Radio EMA volunteers
as the NBEMS suite of programs are somewhat standard:
fldigi, flamp, flrig, fllog, flmsg, flwrap

As long as we're not worried about ISO size:
wsjtx
js8call
qsstv
freedv

Utilities?
splat
xnec2c
chirp (if upstream gets their act together for Python 3)
moserial (for playing around with serial connections)
pavucontrol (essential for re-routing audio when you have multiple sound
cards for digital modes)

Training:
cutecw

b) are they in the fedora repos

Yes

c) what Desktop environment would be the best

I use gnome...

Thanks,
Richard
KF5OIM