CubicSDR & dependencies

Matt Domsch matt at domsch.com
Wed Aug 8 15:33:13 EDT 2018

On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 9:07 AM Scott Talbert <swt at techie.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Aug 2018, Matt Domsch wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Aug 8, 2018, 8:05 AM Scott Talbert <swt at techie.net> wrote:
> >       On Tue, 7 Aug 2018, Matt Domsch wrote:
> >
> >       > I've built CubicSDR and it's dependencies for Fedora 28
> >       x86_64. Packages are
> >       > at https://domsch.com/fedora/sdr/ for review and
> >       consideration.
> >       > Packages:
> >       > * wxGTK31 - SRPM rebuilt
> >       > from http://codelite.org/LiteEditor/WxWidgets31Binaries.
> >       Scott, are you
> >       > planning on releasing 3.1 into rawhide?
> >
> >       No, wxWidgets 3.1 is a development release (ABI/API not stable)
> >       and we
> >       typically don't package those releases.  Did you try building
> >       with wx 3.0 instead?
> >

> > Yes, I did. It makes use of newer structures for API calls that are not
> in
> > 3.0.
>
> That's a shame.  They moved to support only an unstable version of
> wxWidgets and completely removed support for older versions.  :(
>
> You might be able to just revert this commit to get it build with wx 3.0:
>
> https://github.com/cjcliffe/CubicSDR/commit/e46d7f9735579d651664b6a1243d4b63a39bf109

Great find.  I was able to revert a portion of this commit (it had another
set of unrelated changes also), and build against wxWidgets 3.0.  When
using mock and building with the updates repo enabled, I was getting an ABI
mismatch warning. I disabled using the updates repo, and rebuilt, and it
starts correctly now.  I've updated the packages at
https://domsch.com/fedora/sdr/ and will be trying it all out with an
rtl-sdr when it arrives.

Thanks,
Matt