Update libax25 ax25-tool, ax25-apps packages to use active fork?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 09:51:08 EDT 2015

 Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 8:45 AM, Iain R. Learmonth <irl at fsfe.org> wrote:

> Hi Richard,
>
> On Thu, Oct 01, 2015 at 10:26:10AM -0500, Richard Shaw wrote:
> >    I'm not sure how many people are on this list, and the number of those
> >    that use the ax25 stuff on Fedora but I recently took ownership of the
> >    packages.
>
> I'm maintaining these packages in Debian.
>
> >    I have been trying to address the bug reports first but I have been
> >    asked to switch to the active fork of the projects over the official
> >    upstream due to lack of activity.
>
> We're using the sources that are available at www.linux-ax25.org/pub/ for
> libax25, ax25-tools and ax25-apps. If you're aware of a more maintained
> fork, please let me know. If this is the one you're going to use then
> that's
> probably the best thing to do if you're not aware of anything better.

I'm currently working on building local packages from here:
https://github.com/ve7fet/linuxax25

He has renamed two of the packages to remove the "-", obviously libax25
didn't have one to begin with. Since I don't want to go through renaming
the packages in Fedora (requires re-review) I'm doing git exports and
putting the hyphen back in.

It's worth the time to go read through the ChangeLog, he does a good job of
documenting the changes.

>    Does anyone on the list have a strong opinion on this?
>
> It would be nice if both Debian and Fedora had the same upstreams for
> libax25 at least.

I agree that would be best.

Thanks,
Richard