Introduction, better late than never

Jerry DeLisle jvdelisle at charter.net
Thu Oct 3 21:47:41 EDT 2013

On date, person wrote:
> Since there has been a little activity on the list lately I figured I
> would introduce myself.
>

> I've been using RH/Fedora since RH 6.0 but came back to linux around
> the time Fedora 10 was released.
>

> A couple of years ago (Maybe 3 now?) I became a Fedora packager and a
> little later one at RPM Fusion.
>

> I became a "ham" in Feb 2012 (my dad, NF4H, has been one since before
> I was born) and finally got into digital about 8 months ago after
> building a interface box for my old Ten-Tec 540. Since it wasn't
> designed for digital I had to got beyond a simple serial PTT and
> included a relay to swtich from the mic to the computer and a 90dB
> attenuator since it's a mic level input. Works pretty good!
>

> I now help maintain several ham related packages... fldigi, nec2c,
> xnec2c, LinLog, hamlib (for EPEL 6), and qsstv.

Well, I have patched xnec2c so that the default windows fit onto my
screen better.  I am a ham radio operator, and have contributed maybe a
hundred patches to the gfortran compiler which is open source of course.

I am a relatively new ham and I am trying to make up my mind which
packages to use.  This begins with figuring out which QSO logging
software would be best to use.

I am currently running Fedora 18. Any suggestions?  I do use LOTW.

73

Jerry KF7RCC/6