Introduction, better late than never

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 14:08:03 EDT 2013

Since there has been a little activity on the list lately I figured I would
introduce myself.

I've been using RH/Fedora since RH 6.0 but came back to linux around the
time Fedora 10 was released.

A couple of years ago (Maybe 3 now?) I became a Fedora packager and a
little later one at RPM Fusion.

I became a "ham" in Feb 2012 (my dad, NF4H, has been one since before I was
born) and finally got into digital about 8 months ago after building a
interface box for my old Ten-Tec 540. Since it wasn't designed for digital
I had to got beyond a simple serial PTT and included a relay to swtich from
the mic to the computer and a 90dB attenuator since it's a mic level input.
Works pretty good!

I now help maintain several ham related packages... fldigi, nec2c, xnec2c,
LinLog, hamlib (for EPEL 6), and qsstv.

On a side note I've got fldigi in EPEL 6 but it's stuck at 3.21.72 because
the newer versions dropped support for fltk 1.1 and one of the maintainers
of a package that depends on fltk doesn't want to deal with updating his
packages to work with fltk 1.3.

Thanks,
Richard
KF5OIM